Automotive Technician - Suspension and Accessories Installer
Chux Trux is looking for a high-energy, automotive technician or former mechanic who is a custom auto enthusiast with a high mechanical aptitude or experience, installing car, truck and Jeep parts and accessories, suspension lift kits and more. You must be willing to work at any of our Kansas City stores, but our current opening is for our Kansas City (northland) location.
If you have a positive outlook, excellent mechanical skills, and can continually meet or exceed allotted installation times, we need to talk.
Supports each category of our Company Philosophy:
- Provides exceptional customer service
- Does things right
- Does the right thing
- Treats others as they want to be treated
- Under-promise & Over-deliver in everything you do.
- Has a whatever-it-takes attitude.
- Makes intelligent decisions
- Holds themselves and others accountable to the rest of the team – not making excuses for errors.
- Is respectful towards customers and coworkers
- Shows honesty in all regards, never doing anything to create doubt of their integrity
- Install items per the manufacturers instructions and communicates with the Shop Manager & Customer Service Writer over any potential problems. Reads and follows special requests or instructions on the work order, as well
- Is courteous to all customers and fellow associates
- Shows pride in their work because theirs and CHUX TRUX reputation is on every item that they are involved in.
- Can work at a reasonable pace without sacrificing the quality of the installation.
- Keeps a clean work area (picks up tools after every install, sweeps floor, trash, etc.)
- Contributes to the overall cleanliness of the installation bays, benches, trash removed and trash corral doors closed during the day and checked prior to leaving each night, floors swept.
- Shows respect for the customer’s vehicle and takes the necessary precautions to protect it from any damage during an installation
- Pays attention to the details (i.e. using tire shine when installing tires or wheels, seat covers in trucks, test fitting parts/wheels before installing/mounting, etc.)
- Maintains a professional attitude while at work (no goofing off in shop, etc.).
- Keeps personal visits and phone calls to a minimum, and keeps acquaintances out of shop areas.
- Continually participates in training by watching and assisting other installers during unfamiliar or new product installs.
- Explains to customer what we installed, how it went on, warranty if applicable, and get approval from customer. Do this with each install upon completion
- Helps keep shop inventory to appropriate levels.
- Completely follows all shop procedures (having work double checked to eliminate comebacks, test fitting wheels, etc.)
- Cleans and tests installed part before signing work order
- Helps to monitor work orders for completeness and initials work orders when complete
- Tackles other tasks assigned with enthusiasm
- Give broken tools to store manager for repair or replacement
- Performs installations carefully and accurately the first time without a need for returns or comebacks for adjustments or re-installations
- Installer comes up with solutions to a problem on their own before asking the supervisor for help
- Puts corporate identification decals on the installed product
- Checks and completes vehicle inspection report in full and notifies supervisor immediately of damage
- Demonstrates knowledge of how the product works and the maintenance required as indicated by the manufacturer
Safety, Tools & Equipment
- Safety must come first. (Wears safety glasses, safety's on lifts, wears earplugs, etc.)
- Demonstrates an understanding of the operation and structure of the tools, and maintains them as required
- Takes care of company equipment (oiling shop tools, keeps tools clean, drains compressor, etc.)
- Is Careful not to lose or break tools
- Demonstrates knowledge of the proper operating procedures for each piece of equipment and is careful not to abuse or damage them
- Demonstrates an awareness of the high cost of repairing or replacing the equipment and does whatever possible to minimize repairs and extends the life of the equipment
- Uses protective eyewear on installations requiring drilling or grinding
- Uses shop supplies for the purposes they are designed for without waste and returns unused portions to their proper storage location
- Demonstrates an awareness and concern for the safety of fellow workers
- Give broken tools to store manager for repair or replacement (if owned by the company)
Interpersonal Skills & Communication
- Has a positive outlook with a willingness to change, open to new ideas, policies, procedures; Handles pressure and uncertainty. Adjusts work plans to meet changing Company needs, showing flexibility; all with a positive attitude
- Communicates providing accurate information, completes assignments On time, responds to emails in a timely manner
- Actively listens to others, seeks feedback, handles constructive criticism with an open mind; builds relationships with others where lacking
- Cooperation and flexibility; works helpfully with others in/outside his/her department. Responds to requests from other departments with the “big picture” in mind. Helps others with their jobs inside/outside their department. Actively contributes to team’s goals. Shares information with other company stores as well as their own.
- Is punctual to work with no unexcused absences or tardiness Is at their assigned work area when they are scheduled to begin, is on time or EARLY for meetings. Consistently completes assignments on time. Adheres to work rules. Delivers “8 hours of work for 8 hours of pay”.
- Interest and willingness to learn; does what needs to be done without being asked. Takes independent action. Anticipates potential problems/opportunities and OFFERS THEIR SOLUTIONS and/or asks the rest of the team for a solution. Requires little/infrequent Supervision to be productive. Seeks additional assignments when other tasks are completed. Overcomes obstacles with a positive attitude – with a “results focused” mentality.
- Has necessary job skills & knowledge to do the job; understands & stays current on new procedures, required duties, responsibilities, and skills. Product knowledge is paramount for this position, including installation knowledge. Training scores should be taken into account, but is only a small portion of this category. Actively participates in shop meetings to gain/share more knowledge
- Assists others with installs when needed or when not currently working on a truck already.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Fun at work. We work really hard, but we also like to have fun.
- 5-day workweek (unless you are covering for one of your team members)
- Good starting pay - $15 per hour & up D.O.E.
- Great bonus plan - great potential tiered bonuses based on how well we do as a team
- Casual dress code
- Great benefits after 90 days:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance available for you and family
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off (vacation)
- Paid holidays - 6 per year
- Employee discounts
- Paid life insurance
- Paid long-term disability
- Quarterly company outings and more
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer