Assistant Store Manager - Olathe, Ks.
Looking for one of the best automotive jobs in Kansas City? Chux Trux is looking for a high-energy automotive enthusiast with assistant store manager experience to join our management team. If you’re a highly trained leader with excellent customer service skills, we need to talk.
SUMMARY: The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for helping with the overall operation of the store, including customer service, people development, sales growth, store profitability and controllables. To be successful in this role, an Assistant Store Manager must serve as a leader, not just a manager; be creative when dealing with new business development and motivating team members; communicate effectively with customers and the team; coach and develop team members when opportunities arise. A store is a reflection of the leader, so the Assistant Store Manager must daily coach and train his people using positive reinforcement to achieve the highest level of productivity. The Assistant Store Manager should genuinely care about his staff and work every day to further their development. One bonus of an automotive career in the automotive aftermarket (unlike service and repair centers) is our customers come in looking to do something fun with their vehicle. They aren't mad because something's broken and needs to be fixed. Chux sells fun!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure the team provides excellent customer service at all times.
- Provide development opportunities so team members can reach their career goals.
- Understand and improve performance on controllables (labor and inventory).
- Maintain store in outstanding condition at all times.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the leadership and development of the entire team, which includes the Sales, Service and Receiving departments. Must work as an “in the trenches” leader (i.e., can close a sale 75% of the time and be able to transfer those sales skills to others).
- Our current opening is in our Olathe, Ks. store, but you must be willing to work at ANY of our 3 stores. They are located in Independence, Mo., Kansas City, Mo. Northland (Antioch & Vivion Rd.), or store in Olathe, Ks.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED. College degree preferred, but not required.
- Must be an automotive enthusiast with a minimum of 3 years managing people in retail management.
- Must have a service mentality and be a natural leader of people.
- Must be able to talk, listen and stand for long periods
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful work environment, where performing more than one task at a time is essential.
- Must have excellent conflict management skills and be able to handle confrontation.
- Must demonstrate a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events, and manage smooth transitions thereafter, to keep store operating to standard and to set a positive example for the store team.
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least on average of 50 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
- Must be able to travel between stores or other local destinations, if necessary.
- May occasionally be required to travel out of town, at company’s expense.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- $37,000 - $40,000 depending on experience, plus bonus options
- Every other weekend off
- Medical and dental insurance available
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off (up to 5 weeks)
- Paid holidays
- Employee discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid volunteer time off
- Paid jury duty
- Casual environment
- Paid company outings
- and MORE.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer