Fun Retail Sales Associate - Truck & Jeep Accessories - Olathe, KS
Chux Trux is looking for a high-energy automotive enthusiast with retail sales experience for our Olathe, KS. store. If you have a positive outlook, excellent customer service skills, and can continually meet or exceed sales goals, we need to talk.
SUMMARY: The Sales Associate provides professional sales assistance to customers by informing, educating and making recommendations to them in the most professional manner possible, both on the phone and in person. The associate also completes special projects as assigned by management, works under general supervision, takes initiative, and maintains the highest level of professionalism at all times. “Under-promise and over-deliver” are standard in everything they do. The associate should exemplify the Chux Trux Philosophy and Core Values at all times.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sells to every customer by: determining the customer’s needs, identifying the vehicle COMPLETELY, explaining features and benefits of every product we carry, recommending best products for customer, looking up correct part numbers and prices, recommending add-on items, and closing the sale.
- Consistently achieves and maintains sales goals.
- Performs easy installations when needed
- Makes at least 3 calls or internet searches prior to telling a customer that something is not available.
- Recommends other Chux stores for items not available at their location.
- Greets customers within 30 seconds of arrival.
- Properly and completely fills out order sheets, places and enters orders. Keeps paperwork where it belongs.
- Helps in training new staff.
- Performs daily store maintenance (counters dusted, organized and straightened)
- Communicates effectively by providing accurate information; completes assignments on time and responds to emails in a timely manner.
- Arrives to work punctually, with no unexcused absences or tardiness; is on time or EARLY for meetings. Delivers “8 hours of work for 8 hours of pay.”
- Understands and stays current on trends in the automotive accessories industry. Product knowledge is paramount for this position, including installation knowledge.
- Performs easy installations, when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have high school diploma or GED.
- Must be an automotive enthusiast with a 3-5 years proven work experience in sales and/or customer service.
- Must be able to continually meet or exceed sales goals.
- Must have a valid state-issued driver’s license and clean driving record. Professional license is a plus, but not required.
- Must be able to communicate effectively to customers, fellow staff members, vendors, and management.
- Must be able to talk, listen and stand for long periods.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 75 lbs.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Fun at work. We work really hard, but we also like to have fun.
- 5-day workweek (unless you are covering for one of your team members)
- Good starting pay - $15 per hour plus commissions
- Bonus plan - great potential tiered bonuses based on how well we do as a team
- Casual dress code
- Great benefits after 90 days:
- Medical, vision and dental insurance available
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Employee discounts
- Paid parental leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Paid jury duty
- Company paid lunch once a month
- Quarterly team outings
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer